Sunday, November 19, 2017

Create a Table View

Back | Forward



Chapter 6 of 10 at Apple Developer > Jump Right In is Create a Table View.

Download the answer at the end of the chapter when you like.

You know enough now that you might win through quickly without our advice, you can just try the chapter.



Squaring the star


The stars didn't come out square for me.

I like small phones, because small, so I target the iPhone 5s in simulation.

On such a small screen, to get the stars to come out with the same horizontal-vertical that I put in, I had calculate what Utilities > Size Inspector I wanted.

Working with 5 of the 44x44 buttons at a Spacing of 1 made for a Width of 224 == ((5 * 44) + (4 * 1)).

<= Learning Objectives
<= Create the Meal List
<= Design Custom Table Cells




Yea they left it nameless


Why do they name an "override func" with the noun "tableView" rather that a verb to say what it does?

    override func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, numberOfRowsInSection section: Int) -> Int {
        return meals.count


    }

I have no idea.

I imagine that decision won't make much sense until after you and I learn some more abou the Swift programming language, and even then we might find this to be sloppy work. Somehow it made sense to them to start out with the excessively abbreviated "override func tableView".

&lt;= Add Images to Your Project
<= Connect the Table Cell UI to Code
<= Load Initial Data
<= Display the Data



Download and compare and commit


The download is 06_CreateATableViewYour Commit Message can be "Create a Table View". 

<= Wrapping Up


Back | Forward | Source: Apple Developer > Create a Table View

No comments: